Beginning in 2017, the U.S. Postal Service changed its requirements on how discount mail is sorted. As a result, the sortation of Discount Mail in CDM+/DonorWorks is out of compliance.
Effective immediately you should not use the Discount Mail sort option in CDM+/DonorWorks.
For over 20 years Suran Systems, Inc. has provided mailing services for hundreds of clients in Central Kentucky. We are offering a free sortation service to CDM+/DonorWorks users to facilitate your next discount mailing.
To help us process your request, you will need to provide:
- information about the piece you are mailing, such as size and weight,
- a copy of the postage statement from your last mailing,
- and a list of address data exported from CDM+/DonorWorks.
When exporting data, please enable these options:
- Export Format: Delimited (Text)
- Include Header Row
- Encapsulate Fields with Quotes
- Delimiter: Commas
Export these fields:
- Name (Choose the name field or fields you wish to include on your labels. Be sure the selection includes first and last names as well as any salutation you wish to include.)
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Address Line 3
It is required that you export individual fields for the mailing address. DO NOT use combined fields for a address block, city/state/zip, or address lines.
Within 2-3 business days we will return these files to you:
- 360: the Postal Statement
- msl: your Mail Sort Listing for traying your mail
- pqr: your qualification report to be printed and taken to the Post Office with the 360
- tpr: your tray tags.
- a pdf of your addresses in discount order to print on your labels for the label size you specify along with all necessary postal forms and tray labels.
- an xls Microsoft Excel spreadsheet with your data in sortation order and individual address components. This file can be used to create your own mail/data merge document to print directly on envelopes or other pieces
To use this service you will need to create an account and log in. Once you've created an account, you can complete the request form and upload the necessary files.