Choose Accounts Payable from the Accounting menu, and under Accounts Payable, choose Write Checks. Or, if you have the Accounting toolbar active, click on the Checks icon.
- Select the Asset with marked checks from which you are going to print checks from the drop list window.
- Press Tab. DonorWorks will look to see the last check written and start with the next sequential check number. Enter the correct Starting Check Number if it is incorrect.
- Press the Tab key and enter the Date to print on the checks.
- Press Tab and select a Check format from the drop list. See section above for formatting checks.
- Confirm check listing, amounts and check numbers. If a queued check is not to be issued then uncheck the box. Checks can be sorted by clicking on the heading or selecting a line and using the up and down arrows on the bottom of the screen. Once all of the checks have been printed, the window will display items as paid items, as noted on the bottom left of the window.
Click the Write Checks button. The Select Report Destination window will open. You may choose to print the checks to the screen to review them before sending them to your printer. Make your selection and click OK or press Return/Enter.
If you have chosen to print the checks to the screen first and you are satisfied that they are correct, click on the printer icon in the top left corner to send the checks to the printer.
- When the check are printed, CDM+ will ask Do you want to go to the Post Payments window? If all your checks printed correctly, click Yes. Otherwise, click No. You can post the check later by selecting Post to Ledger from the Accounts Payable menu or by clicking on the Post icon on the Accounting toolbar.