NOTE: The Purchase Order functions can be disabled if you do not use purchase orders. This done under the Accounts Payable section of the Accounting tab of the DonorWorks System Preferences window by clicking the Don't show purchase orders checkbox.
- Select Accounts Payable from the Accounting menu and choose Purchase Orders. Or, if you have the Accounting toolbar active, click on the Purchase Orders (PO) icon.
- Click the Add button at the bottom of the window.
Click on the down arrow to select the desired Vendor from the droplist or begin typing the vendor name and press Tab. CDM+ will autofill the information. Or click on the List icon to open the Vendor List and double-click a vendor to use it. Click on the Add Vendor button at the bottom of this window to open the Vendor Records window.
To create a purchase order using a Miscellaneous Vendor, first setup at least one miscellaneous vendor. Then select a miscellaneous vendor from the Vendor drop list or type “Miscellaneous” in the Vendor field on the purchase order and press Tab. Click on the name/hand icon to open the Rename Vendor window and type the vendor information.
NOTE: To change any vendor's name and/or address information, either click on the Change Name/Address button on theVendor List window or click on the name/hand icon next to the Vendor field on the Purchase Order window to open the Rename Vendor window and type the vendor information.
- Tab through the next three fields, entering the Total, the PO Date, and the PO Number.
- Press Tab again. If you have assigned a default expense Account number to this vendor, it will show in the Account field. If not, or if you need to change it from the default, click the hand icon beside the Account field and double-click on the Account number from which this invoice is to be paid.
- Press the Tab key and enter Description of purchase order.
- If you wish to identify this purchase order with a number or code, click into the ID Number field and enter your identifying number or code (e.g.—Each staff member could be assigned an ID#, and all their purchases could later be reported.)
- Press the Tab key and enter Amount of the Purchase Order.
- If you want, you may breakdown the purchase order to several line items. Line items may be assigned different expense account numbers within the same purchase order. To enter more line items, press Tab and repeat step 8-11 above.
- When you are finished with this purchase order, check that the Total field at the bottom agrees with the Total above. (If it doesn't it will display in red.) and press Return/Enter or click Save.