Follow this procedure when checks are written by hand and manual ledger entries are to be made instead of using the Accounts Payable system in CDM+.
Follow this procedure when checks are written by hand and manual ledger entries are to be made instead of using the Accounts Payable system in DonorWorks.
- Choose Ledger from the Accounting menu and under Ledger, choose Ledger Entries. Or, if you have the Accounting toolbar active, click on the Ledger icon.
Click on the Add button at the bottom of the window. This will open the New Entry window. Click on New Check.
- Click on the down arrow beside the Account field, and choose the correct Asset account number (e.g.—1000 for Checking account) from the drop list. Press the Tab key.
- The Check Number will default to the next sequential number. Change it if necessary.
- Press the Tab key and enter the Payee. Click on the down arrow to choose a vendor from the drop list. Or you may begin typing a vendor name, press the Tab key, and allow CDM+ to auto-fill the vendor information. Press the Tab key again.
- The check Date will default to today's date. You may change it to another date.
- Place the cursor in the Amount field and type the amount of the check. You may type in the Memo field, if desired.
- Place the cursor in the Account field. Enter an Expense account number in the Account field (i.e. - 5180 for Youth Programs). If you don't know the account number, click on the hand icon to open the Select Account window. Double-click on the account number you desire.
- Press Tab key. You may type a Description, if you want.
Press the Tab key again. The Total amount of the check should appear in Amount field. If the check is to be assigned to a single account number, click Save or press Return/Enter.
If the check is to be assigned to more than one expense account number, change the number in the Amount field and press the Tab key (or click the small Add button). Repeat Step 7-9 above, adding lines for different expense numbers and different amounts until the Total equals the check Amount and then click the Save button.
✦ TIP: You can leave the check amount blank and CDM+ will automatically set it to the total amount for the detail line items upon saving.