- Select Accounting Setup from the Accounting menu or click 2. Enter beginning balances on the Welcome to Accounting window.
- Select the Beginning Balances tab and click on the small Change button at the top right.
- Enter the Date of beginning balances (e.g.—January 1, 2006, if the church is on a calendar year).
- Press the Tab key and enter the beginning balance for the first highlighted item (e.g.—Asset 1000, Checking).
- Press the Tab key and enter the beginning balance for the next highlighted item.
- Continue this process until all beginning balances for Assets, Liabilities, and Funds have been entered.
- After entering all necessary balances, click the small Save button at the top right. NOTE: You may save your work in this window at any point. When you return to finish it, click on Change and resume entering balances.
- Click the Close button at the bottom of the window.
NOTE: When you are finished entering beginning balances, the amount of the Total Assets and the Total Liabilities & Funds should be equal. If you do not see a Difference of 0.00, check your numbers, click Change, make the necessary changes to account balances in order for Assets = Liabilities + Funds. Click Save when you are finished.