Click on the Income/Expenses tab of the Chart of Accounts window.
- Click Add and click on the down arrow under Type and select Income or Expense.
- Press Tab and type the account number in the Number field.
- Press the Tab key and type the account name in the Description field.
- Press Tab again and click on the down arrow to select the Fund Balance Account from the droplist—for example, General Fund. Or you can type a portion of the item you want and press Tab to “auto-complete” the entry. This search is case-insensitive and works on any portion of the entry, not just the beginning letters.
- Press Tab again and enter the Category—for example, Regular Income—in the same manner as the Fund (if applicable).
- Press Tab again and enter the Sub-Category in the same manner as the Category (if applicable).
- Press Tab and CDM+ is ready to accept the next Income/Expense entry. Repeat steps 1-6.
- After all Income/Expense accounts are entered, click Save. Or, if you don't want to save your entries, click Close without clicking Save.
NOTE: One you begin to use this account in DonorWorks, you can click on the magnifying glass icon next to the account Description, opening a window that lists all the places this account is being used in CDM+. Double-click on a line to view its activity.