Click on the Balance Sheet Accounts tab of the Chart of Accounts window.
NOTE: One you begin to use this account in DonorWorks, clicking on the magnifying glass icon next to the account Description opens a window that lists all the places this account is being used in DonorWorks. Double-click on a line to view its activity.
- Click Add and click on the down arrow under Type and select Asset, Liability or Fund.
- Press Tab and type the account number in the Number field.
- Press the Tab key and type the account name in the Description field.
- Press Tab again and click on the down arrow to select the Category from the droplist—for example, Cash Accounts. Or you can type the beginning of the item you want in order to jump to it.
- Press Tab again and enter the Sub-Category in the same manner as the Category (if applicable).
- Press Tab and DonorWorks is ready to accept the next entry. Repeat steps 1 -5.
- When you are finished entering all Balance Sheet Accounts, click Save. Or, if you don't want to save your entries, click Close without clicking Save.